So I haven't done one of these in a while, but as I try to grow my blog I figured it was time to introduce myself a bit to you. Here are some facts about me:
1. I talk about this alot but for those of you that are new, I am from Chicago. My husband, oldest daughter Aubrey, and I moved down here May 2019 because I found a job. We have been wanting to move out of the state for a while to a warmer climate with a less expensive cost of living. I found a job in Beaufort, SC. We looked for housing there but were competing with a bunch of Marine Corps families at the same time since their assignments were changing. The demand was high with low inventory and we weren't ready to by as we were working on selling our house in Chicago. We expanded our search to Savannah and found a house here. We have been loving it in Savannah and debate whether to stay here or move back over the South Carolina border. Regardless, we have been loving the weather, the water, and the beaches. I also have been loving the charm that both places offer.
2. I am a hospice social worker full time. I found a job at a hospice in Beaufort. Unfortunately, it did not work out there for me so I found a position at a new company in the same area. I am so much happier there. I love being a hospice social worker. I have worked in other realms of social work but this is where I have stayed the longest. I love working with the patients and families. I love to hear their stories. I love the teams I work with. The nurses and CNAs are some of the best I have ever met. They are gentle souls with such a passion for what they do. We all have to die at some point. We all have to say goodbye to our loved ones. It isn't a matter of if it will happen but when and even how and I love being a part of helping people pass in a natural, comfortable way around their loved ones.
3. I married my husband, Kenny in 2013. We met at a bar. I was a bartender/server and he was a thirsty Thursday regular. We have two kids, Aubrey who is 3 and Claire who at this point is 4 months but almost 5 months. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats. We have a pretty full house. All of us except Claire was born in Chicago. Claire is our only Southern belle!
4. I love to travel but haven't done as much as I would like. My first out of country trip was in 2010 when I interned in Kenya for 10 weeks. On the way back home we made a pit stop for a weekend Paris trip. I need to go back! My husband and I honeymooned in Punta Cana and I also have been to Jamaica for a wedding. I would love to travel to all the states and as many countries as possible.
5. For the first 30+ years of my life I hated country music except a few artists/songs that my grandma or mother listened to and reminded me of childhood. Mainly anything Garth Brooks. I LOVE him. Over the past few years I started listening to it all the time and now it has been my main go-to choice. I'm not sure if my choice of music has just changed with age or if it is because the music has become more influenced by pop. Probably a mixture of both. Regardless, I am a fan and a lover.
6. Back in high school and college I knew how to needlepoint, use a sewing machine, and knit. Unfortunately I let that go to the wayside but would love to get back into it again. It always felt good to make my own pieces of art.
7. I am not very athletic. Back in grade school I played volleyball and enjoyed it and did some cheerleading. Part of my lack of sports playing is my inability to run. I wish I could run but I can only go for a short time and then my side hurts and I can't breathe. I thought maybe asthma but an inhaler never worked and running is the only time I notice it. I have tried run training programs of all sorts and still no luck. I've learned to just live with it and get my cardio and fitness in doing other things.
8. My favorite decade has to be the 1950s. I have an infatuation with old Hollywood. The age of Aubrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly is my biggest fashion inspiration. They had such class and exuded so much femininity in their style. I am also obsessed with all things French. It is a country of beauty and sophistication especially in their style and cuisine. I like to think of my look as a little bit vintage, a little bit French, blended with a serving of color.
Thank you for reading. If you have any questions about myself, please feel free to comment, email me, or even DM me on my social media.
With love from the south,