Happy Tuesday! It is Tuesday, right? This last week has been a blur. I was off of work Wednesday through the end of the week. Besides being off and then having Daylight Savings Time, it was a rough Monday. I am very tired and working hard to play catch up. Why does time away always seem like more work when coming back?! You can read all about my week below.
What we did
My younger brother has been in the Marine Corps boot camp at Parris Island since December. He officially graduated and we were able to see him for the first time. On Thursday, we attended his family day. We got to walk around the base, visited some food trucks, and just hang out. On Friday, he officially graduated. We attended the event and then enjoyed some lunch after. We are very proud of him.
He gets about 10 days off before he is off to North Carolina for more training but at least he has liberty on the weekend. Us siblings went out on Saturday night to celebrate. We did a little bar hopping around Downtown Savannah. On Sunday we enjoyed dinner at Paula Deen’s restaurant. The food there is always good and the ooey gooey butter cake is something to dream about.
What to listen to or read
Here are some interesting podcasts or articles for you to enjoy.
- School’s Out Forever- This American Life: An interesting podcast by This American Life on NPR. It talks about the change of school since the pandemic.
- “A Seat at the table” isn’t the solution for gender equity: A Ted Talks Daily talk by Lilly Singh: I heard this one in podcast form but there is also a YouTube video as well. It made me laugh a little but also was a powerful and inspirational talk.
- Straighten Up These 7 Clutter Hot Spots To Organize Your Home In One Day: A great Better Homes and Gardens article to help you do some easy tips to organize and declutter
What’s been inspiring me:
- These cinnamon blondies look oh so soft and yummy. You can find the recipe HERE.
- If you like breakfast and if you like Fruity Pebbles, this Fruity Pebbles Breakfast Bread may be just the thing for you. You can find the recipe HERE.
- This Fruity Pebbles No Bake Cheesecake is so pretty and looks so yummy. You can find the recipe HERE
- @southernlivingmag: These pimento cheese sausage balls are on my list of things to try. I would probably swap out beef for turkey or chicken. You can find the recipe HERE.
- @blissfulhomedecor: An easy and cleaner way to make some room freshening spray HERE
- @floretflower: All the beautiful, spring flowers HERE
What is on my wishlist this week