Happy Tuesday!! Whew! This week, especially weekend, has been a busy one. Most of the times were a good busy, able get out and do some great activities together, but we also had some challenges as well. I will recap everything here, share what inspired me this week, and my favorite finds as well.
Weekend Recap: What we did
It all started on Saturday when we decided to go to the Tanger Outlet Mall in Pooler. There is a park the girls enjoy there and a grand reopening at the Palmetto Moon store there. It was a great event. I brought Aubrey into the store with me and we were able to do some shopping. The store looks great with so many cute items. I bought a shirt and a dress. I also let the girls pick out a little item too. Claire picked out some silicone cups to play with in the bath and Aubrey picked out some yummy scented slime.
If you don’t know about Palmetto Moon, it is a store that has just about everything and is meant to celebrate a southern lifestyle. You can find clothes for men and women, shoes, beach items, gifts, home decor, and even some toys for the kids. It is a place to go for yourself or shop for someone you know. They have everything from keychain rings to Yeti coolers.
The store is decorated so bright and fun. The dressing room doors are different colors which really intrigued Aubrey and the dressing room had a very southern and tropical feel. Such a positive vibe!
The store had music, cookies, and even some giveaways. I pictured the items I purchased. Aubrey actually took the pictures of me. For a 5 year old, I think she did a pretty good job!
The girls really enjoyed their cookie! They were so adorable. I will definitely be back to shop.
We also did some planting this weekend. When we purchased our house, it had no sort of landscaping. We have been slowly working on putting some plants in and making it how we want. Last year we put two limelight hydrangea plants and a knockout rose in the front. During the warm months it will look beautiful with the big beautiful flowers popping in the front. I wanted a bush or tree on the side of the house to block some of the not so pretty side things like the garbage can and air conditioning unit.
In the front on the side we put a beautiful camellia plant. These can get 6-8′ tall and blossom beautiful flowers starting in the winter. I love the flowers and how big they get. I also love that since they have such early blooming that they stay green all year. I am so excited for it to get so big and full!
I also bought a beautiful plant of purple flowers for one of my planter pots. I have another I have to fill that I am still figuring out what I want. I also bought a mauve hybrid tea rose bush. I wanted a plant for the back yard outside our bedroom window. My goal is to line our fence with beautiful flowers and bushes to really bring in color and make it pretty. Right now the grass is overgrown and in bad shape, but Kenny wants to build a deck this summer so we are waiting until the deck gets built. I am slowly adding in plants and a garden in the places I know the deck won’t go.
I think there will be planting for a while! I just planted some seeds in a seed starter to grow zinnias and sunflowers. I have a garden box that I am debating if I want to use for vegetables or for flowers. I am thinking I want to plant veggies. I also have a flower box that is getting moved from the front of the house where we planted they hydrangeas and knockout rose and put it on the side under the kitchen window. I would love to open the kitchen window and see happy, colorful flowers. Flowers and plants always bring me such joy and I want to fill our house and yard with that joy.
As much joy as these plants brought, our life is not so joyful for the next few days. We did not follow the rules when we were digging for our camellia tree and we just started tilling. We then ended up breaking a couple cable cords that were buried there. One was one we did not need but one was our Comcast line that services our internet. Our TV is internet based so right now we have to TV or internet. My phone is the only one that has unlimited data so the girls can only watch their tablets when it is connected to my personal hotspot which means everything will run very slooooooowwwwwlllyyyy. Yes, I know these are first world problems. It’s just more of an annoyance. Someone is coming on Wednesday and hopefully it will get fixed. This is your reminder, before you dig, call 411.
Things to read
- Planting Flowers by Zone: Looking to add some flowers to your garden but wanting to know which ones are best by where you live? This is a good guide with the best flower suggestions for you. It is really something I have been following alot. Plants that don’t work well in your zone won’t last.
- The Sweet Tradition of the Southern “Happy”: This is such a sweet concept of bringing something “happy” or a small token to someone that may be having a bad day. It helps bring a little joy to someone that may need it. You can read more about this sweet concept.
- How I Learned To Sleep Better, Naturally: I’m sure I am not the only one that needs a little help with sleep. This article would offer some tips.
What inspired me this week
- I love all things lemon in the summer. It is just a mood. I found this recipe for easy limoncello tiramisu HERE
- These hawaiian cheesecake bars look like the perfect dessert for a summer luau. You can find the recipe HERE
- This Mermaid Water Mocktail looks like a fun drink for kids or add a splash alcohol for an adult friendly drink. You can find the cute drink HERE
- @margaretofyork: This dress would give me all the daily inspiration HERE
- @mackenziepageinteriors: This kitchen cabinet color is breathtaking HERE
- @plant.based.recipe: This creamiest coconut chickpeas with rice looks so heavenly. It is on my to make list HERE
What is on my wishlist this week
Leave a Reply