Hello Tuesday! The warm weather here in Savannah has been popping up and there is more scheduled this week. It has been putting me in an uplifted mood.
There has been so many fun happenings goin on lately and am happy to share.
What I’ve been up to
On Saturday night Kenny and I went for a date night. We went out last Friday before Valentine’s Day but Friday nights are hard for us. We are tired from the week so our night out was short and Kenny did not really enjoy himself. He wanted a redo.
On Saturday, we had dinner and some drinks. Surprisingly, most places in the downtown part had a long wait. There was a local Italian restaurant called Bella Napoli that I’ve been wanting to try. It took about 2 hours to try, but nonetheless we waited. Customers kept coming out and saying it was worth the wait. I have been craving some really delicious, quality Italian food.
The service the entire time was very attentive. The food was very good. For an appetizer we had a shrimp and calamari plate. The downfall was that my husband does not really like calamari and the entire plate had only two shrimps and tons of calamari. He did try a few calamari and liked it. He said it was breaded the same way as the shrimp. We would have liked more shrimp on the platter but overall it was good.
My entree was the angel hair pomodoro and Kenny had the stuffed manicotti. Both were very delicious and better than what I would have made at home. My pomodoro had a hint of spicy which I enjoyed. I prefer spicy foods.
During our wait to enter the restaurant, we enjoyed drinks from Common, Savannah Tap House and New Realm Brewing. Common was the only new place to us. At Common I enjoyed a French 75 that was delicious. At Savannah Taphouse I had a strawberry lemonade mojito which was also delicious. I didn’t drink anything from New Realm but have enjoyed their cocktails in the past. My husband is primarily a beer drinker.
On Sunday, my sister and I went to Forsyth Park for some volleyball. I was on my school’s team back in grade school but have not played much since. My sister’s friend is in a league through Savannah Adult Recreation Club and they needed extras for a game.
The team I was on did not win at all, but it was so much fun and beautiful outside!! We are looking into forming a team and joining the league in March. I really enjoy volleyball and it was nice to get out and play outside. Lately the only thing I’ve been wanting to do is enjoy the weather outside. Plus I really enjoy the vibe downtown, particularly around Forsyth Park. It is so lively. I could sit there for hours and take it all in.
What we’ve been watching:
We finally finished season 3 of Yellowstone and started season 4. So far, season 3 was a bit uneventful but season 4 has been so action packed. This show really knows how to draw us in. Love it!!
Things to read:
- 20 Best Spring Flowers to Make Your Garden Pop: With spring inching closer and closer, I have all things floral on my mind. I have been looking into different flowers I would like to plant this year and working on the preparations. This article may help inspire you for your own garden as well.
- Spring Garden Prep: What You Need To Do To Get Ready to Grow: Before you can even plant those flowers, your garden will need to be prepped. Here is what you will neicle may give
- Impressive Before-and-After Furniture Makeovers You Have To See: I love a good rehab and an even better DIY. This article may give you some great inspiration for your next project.
What’s been inspiring me:
- I love cake. I love desserts. I also try to be healthy and eat in moderation. These easy 3 ingredient Weight Watchers muffin recipes look like a great, easy, healthier dessert option HERE
- These high protein and vegan donuts also look like a great, healthier dessert option HERE
- These easy skinny ice cream sandwhiches are on my must try list HERE
- @layeredvintage: A world of beautiful pink flowers HERE
- @timothycorrigan: This dining room is transporting me to a new level HERE@yourveganbowls
- @yourveganbowls: This one pot lemon pasta looks deliciously easy HERE
What’s on my wishlist:
See below for the items I am coveting this week.