Hello there Tuesdy! Since Tuesday is a short month, can you believe that the month is now halfway over?! I’m happy for it. I still have spring on my brain and hoping that the end of February brings some warm spring weather down here in Savannah. The weather has been up and down, literally. It goes up to the 70s and then gradually drops down to the 50s and then back up to the 70s.
Our Valentine’s Day celebrations:
On Friday, my husband and I was able to go out for a night out to celebrate an early Valentine’s Day. It was nice to get out together since we don’t have that many opportunities to go out alone. We were able to enjoy a couple drinks together. We stopped in first at New Realm which is a brewery, bbq, and cocktail lounge. They had a yummy champagne drink that I had. I have gone there several times and I always liked the drinks that I had.
My husband was a little hungry and so we went to Six Pence Pub for a drink and food. The bad thing about Savannah is that places close early and kitchens close earlier than that. Six Pence was one of the few places that had a kitchen open. It is a British pub that sells Brtish style food and drinks. I had a prosecco because you can never go wrong with something bubbly! It was a nice night out.
I ended up wearing this old LoveShackFancy shirt from a couple years ago. I thought the print was perfect for Valentine’s Day! Since we kept it low key I paired it with my go-to Levi’s white jeans.
Yesterday we gave the girls a gift basket of goodies. It was filled with items I found at the Target Dollar Spot. They had some chocolate, bath paints, bath playdough, and other little toys and goodies. The girls loved it! They also had lots of fun at their schools with handing out Valentine’s, They both dressed in their matching heart dresses.
A recipe I tried:
I wanted to try a new drink and spotted a recipe recently on Instagram that added some frosting and sprinkles to the rim of a glass. How easy and yummy! I tried it myself and poured some prosecco. It was so delicious and so easy! It may just be my new favorite drink. It’s like dessert in a glass. It also looks so pretty, too.
Things To Read:
- What is Valentine’s Day and How Did It Start?– Now that this day is over, maybe you are wondering how it all began? You can read about it HERE.
- Super Bowl 56 Ads: Grading The Best, Worst Commercials At The Big Game: Did you get to see all the commercials? I did not. If you want to go back and look at some of the commercials and see how they ranked, you can find them HERE.
- 18 Great Short Stories You Can Read Free Online: If you enjoy a good short story, you can read some free ones HERE.
What’s Been Inspiring Me:
- If you are looking for a quick and easy meal idea, this One Pot Fried Rice looks so delicious and quick. I would add a bit of cut up chicken or shrimp as well. You can find the recipe HERE
- Pinterest is my go-to place for finding new recipes. I found this cilantro-lime pasta salad HERE
- If you are looking for a fun, simple, and educational kid’s activity, I found an Easter one HERE
- @thepetalworkshop: These pretty and colorful florals are giving me all the spring vibes HERE
- @anantucketsummer: All the colorful hydrangeas are just so breathtaking HERE
- @choosing_balance: This crispy smashed brussel sprouts recipe is one we I will need to try ASAP HERE
What’s On My Wishlist:
See below for the items I am coveting this week.