Happy Tuesday! I hope all is doing well. Anyone else wishing the weather would pick a lane? Last week there were some beautiful spring days. Sunday and Monday it has been a cold, rainy, gloomy mess. Looking toward the end of the week, it will feel like spring again. I can’t keep up! This weekend I started bringing out some of my favorite floral pieces from last year. I am in a spring mood.
It was so beautiful that on Thursday I was able to sit outside and enjoy a yummy cupcake from a local Port Royal place called Carolina Cuppity Cakes. I love this place! It is small and when you walk inside it smells heavenly, like vanilla and sugar baking. The cupcakes are yummy and the frosting is fluffy. It is walking distance from my office so it is dangerously close!
Lot of great things have been going on that has been keeping us busy. Now time to dig into all the fun things.
What we’ve been up to
For the past month, we have been busy organizing, purging, and adding some storage. Last week we fixed up a hall closet, added some shelves, and got things organized. I talked about that HERE.
This week was time for our food pantry. It has been much needed. We can barely see what we have in there to eat and there was some expired items that had to get thrown out. I plan on doing a full post about organizational products but I ordered some great bins and food containers from Walmart. In the meantime I am sharing the organizational items I have purchased.
Our pantry is looking great! It is cleaned up with each shelf being more organized. It is much easier to find all of our food products
What We’ve Been Watching
So Aubrey recently asked to see Wizard of Oz. With it being such a classic and one of my favorites, I let her watch it. I was not sure how she would feel in her world of everything CGI and cartoons. Besides having a couple “scary” moments with the wicked witch, she loved the movie! She loved how colorful everything is, how nice the scarecrow, tin man, and lion were, and all the music.
I am so happy she was able to enjoy this movie and love it the way I did when I was a child. It is such a mesmerizing movie to me. Even Claire stopped at watched it at times. All the colors and movement on the screen were very enticing.
What To Read
- 50 Organizational Tips You’ll Regret You Didn’t Know Sooner: If you are looking to get more organized this year, I found a great article with some great tips that might work for you.
- No Snow? No Problem. How Beijing Made The White Stuff In Time For The Olympics: Did you know that the winter Olympics is actually using 100% fake snow?! That’s right. This is the first time 100% fake snow has ever been done. If you want a fun read about how this was done, NPR tells you how.
- 19 Interesting Things You Are Too Lazy to Google: Are you like me and enjoy looking up or learning about interesting facts? i found this fun article for you to read that gives some fun little facts.
What Has Been Inspiring Me
- Pistachio flavoring is so good mixed with things. I tried it in a latte and didn’t think it would be a good combination. I was wrong! It is so delicious. I recently found these pistachio sugar cookie bars and immediately hit Save. They look delicious!!! You can try them HERE.
- With spring around the corner, my cravings for all things strawberry becomes stronger and stronger. I found this delicious strawberry pound cake recipe and also hit save. It will be great with all those freshly picked strawberries. You can try it HERE.
- Are you a pasta craver like me?? I am always looking for new ways to make my pastas. I found this delicious looking spaghetti with a cheesy tomato and garlic sauce HERE.
- @fitfoodieselma: These pink velvet pancakes are so pretty plus they are high in protein so go ahead and partake! HERE
- @secretsofahostess: These cakes are too pretty not to share HERE
- @ahigginsinteriors: This dining area that is just so pretty and bright HERE
What’s On My Wishlist
See below for the items I am coveting this week.
Leave a Reply