Happy Tuesday! I hope you are all doing well and staying warm. I have been having a rough go with the weather. The last few mornings there has been some thick frost on my car. I know I am from the north and should be able to handle this but my heart is in the south right now and I am sensitive.
Things have been pretty good over here. This weekend was super busy. We have been in major cleaning/organizing/purging modes. I have been trying to follow along with a daily/weekly/monthly organizing schedule that I recently found and have been trying it out. So far I am loving it. It has made cleaning so much easier and my house has been so tidy. You can read about it HERE. I also mentioned it in last week’s Tidbits HERE.
On top of that we have been wanting to organize our closets, get rid of junk and clutter, and make space. We did that on Saturday and everything looks great! There is so much more space. We purged old towels, old sheets and comforters we don’t need. Now there is space to hide any clutter and for any future storage needs.
We recently folded and put all of our throw blankets into a square, wicker, lidded hamper that I found cheap at a thrift store. We took the hamper bag out and put all the blankets inside. Not only does it look nice with our decor but it is a clutter free option for the throws. The kids have one on everyday they are home. I found a similar option HERE.
1. Some Things To Read:
- 10 Tricks To Make Your Bedroom Feel Extra Cozy: If you are looking to add a bit of coziness to your bedroom, Southern Living Magazine offer 10 easy ways. I believe a home, especially the bedroom, should always have a sense of coziness to the ones living in the home.
- Your Friend Or Relative is Home Sick with Covid. Here’s How To Help: It is pretty common there this someone we know around us that has COVID. If you aren’t sure how to help those that may feel isolated during these times, this article could help.
- Forever Andre: Anna Wintour On Her Extraordinary Friend and Colleague: An icon, Anna Wintour, on her friend who passed, another icon Andre Leon Talley. Since Talley has passed, I have been hearing alot about him, his story, and his legacy. He is really someone to read about and get to know.
2. What We’ve Been Watching:
If you read last week’s tidbits, you may have read that we started watching Yellowstone. We just finished season 1 and started season 2. Honestly, it is just so good. My husband says he loves it and has been listening to the music. He said it makes him want to be a cowboy. I love the stories of some love but also am just obsessed with Beth. She really is such a bitch and I love it. She is powerful and makes it be clear that she is stronger and more powerful than the men around her. It is empowering and amazing to see. I won’t offer any spoilers.
3. What’s Been Inspiring Me:
- Do you love cannoli? I know I do! I also love french toast. I found a great mixture with this cannoli french toast bake HERE
- I will forever love a great pasta salad. You can eat it in so many ways and try to load them up with a protein and lots of veggies. i found this zesty chicken enchilada pasta salad recipe HERE
- So I don’t eat beef but I do eat turkey and chicken. Meatballs are a great pairing with pasta. I found this recipe for chicken meatballs with cheesy spinach pappardelle HERE
- @plantbased.green: These chickpea meatballs just look delicious, healthy, and super simple. You can try them HERE
- @vegan_veganfood: I don’t eat alot of cucumber but I would like to include more in my diet. They are great for you! This cucumber salad looks absolutely delicious. You can find them HERE.
- @heirloom_roses: I am pretty sure I will be planting these this year. They are stunning HERE
4. What’s On My Wishlist:
See below for the items I am coveting this week.