Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone is staying safe and warm with all the crazy weather going on. The storm was not too bad for us in Savannah. We had some rain Sunday morning until about 11am and then it stopped and turned windy. The sun was out and it wasn’t too cold so no complaints. I know not everyone is so lucky.
Our weather is so up and down right now. It will progressively get warmer and be around 70 on Thursday! There will be rain but I’m happy about the temps. It will gradually start going down and turn into the 40s this weekend. I wish it would pick a lane, hot or cold! On Saturday we wanted to take the kids to the park and my husband wanted to do some clothes shopping for himself so we went to the outlet mall. It was a tad chilly but nice with a sweater or extra layer. The kids had a great time! Aubrey is at the age where she can start doing all the big kid things, and Claire is at the age where she tries to do all the big kid things even though she is a tad too little.
On Sunday we hung out around the house most of the day, took down the Christmas tree and put it all away. We got some lighting for our butler’s pantry from Home Depot, made an ice cream pie with a recipe from the Raddish Kids kit, and ended the night with the first fire in our fireplace since moving in. We moved in April 2021 so it was about time! The kids loved the fire. Aubrey asked for her Disney lullaby album to be put on for a cozy, relaxing night.
It was an overall great and perfect weekend!
1. What We Are Watching:
So I finished Season 2 of Emily in Paris. If you have not yet seen it or do not want any spoilers then skip this paragraph. After it was over I had so many feelings!! During my last Tidbits I was saying how I had mixed feelings. Part of me wants Emily with Gabriel and part of me liked that she moved on with Alfie. When she realized she loved Gabriel and went to go tell him, I was all sorts of happy. Finally!! They NEED to be together. And then there was Camille…I see the show is renewed for at least 2 more seasons. Fingers crossed Emily and Gabriel find their way to each other!
My husband and I started watching Yellowstone. At the time of me writing this, we watched the first two episodes. WE both are really liking it. It has some suspense. It has some violence which my husband enjoys. It has become our nighttime routine to watch a new episode together. If you are like me and one of the few people that have not watched this show, you should watch it! It is very good.
We finished watching the limited serious Defending Jacob. Honestly, the show was very good but it ended without alot of closure. My husband said he didn’t feel he needed to watch the last episode because it answered things in episode 7. Nope!! Watch episode 8. I don’t want to give any spoilers other than it takes an unexpected twist.
2. Some Things To Read:
- The 6/10 method is the latest cleaning hack for keeping your home spotless: I actually printed the picture of the schedule for this cleaning hack. It looks fairly doable each day/week and a great way to keep your home neat and tidy.
- 50 of the best cleaning tips to make your house look like new: I have been in a bit of a spring cleaning mood and have been looking at different cleaning tips, hacks, schedules, organizational tips, etc. This is a great one with lots of easy tips and hacks. I ended up bookmarking it on my computer for future reference.
- 58 best organizing tips and ideas from 24 top professional organizers: To keep on the topic, here are some great organizing tips straight from the professionals.
3. What’s Been Inspiring Me:
- With Valentine’s Day inching closer, I have been inspired by this day. I found these delicious looking cheesecake stuffed strawberries HERE
- I love chicken parmesan. It is one of my favorite dishes. I found this oven baked parmesan chicken recipe HERE.
- I love all things with buffalo sauce and found this delicious looking one pot-buffalo chicken pasta HERE
- @gardenersofig: garden goals HERE
- @publicgoods: weekly cleaning schedule HERE
- @healthyfoodyess: These yummy looking oatmeal banana smoothie HERE
4. What’s On My Wishlist:
See below for the items I am coveting this week.
Leave a Reply